Sunday, August 7, 2011

March 07, 2011 Knife wound

Yes, that would be me!  I was trying to hurry and get an avocado seed out and stabbed
myself with the knife.  DUMB!  SCARY!  Blood was flowing everywhere!  Doug grabbed some towels and I was trying to hold on and not faint.  He ran me up to

the fire station.  Of course, by then, it had slowed down; so they wrapped it up and sent us onto the hospital ER.  They ended up putting in a couple of staples and sent us home. It was very swollen and painful for a few weeks.  It was my Mom's birthday and I had made a cake to take out.  Poor Blayne & Aerin had gone down to get the cake to take to my Moms' for the birthday party and cleaned up all the blood.  THANKS, guys!  Brenton & Melissa very kindly sent me an avocado knife for Mothers' Day.  :)  Yea, yea, I get the hint!  I should be old enough to know better..... :)  I was just so grateful that it wasn't worse and no long term effects from the cut.  It healed very nicely.  Very, very blessed!!!

No comments: